"Waiting On" Wednesday | Armada - Ernest Cline


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


My pick of the week is:

Crown Publishing
July 28, 2015 (expected)

From Goodreads:
Zack Lightman is daydreaming through another dull math class when the high-tech dropship lands in his school's courtyard-and when the men in the dark suits and sunglasses leap out of the ship and start calling his name, he's sure he's still dreaming.

But the dream is all too real; the people of Earth need him. As Zack soon discovers, the videogame he's been playing obsessively for years isn't just a game; it's part of a massive, top-secret government training program, designed to teach gamers the skills they'll need to defend Earth from a possible alien invasion. And now…that invasion is coming.

As he and his companions prepare to enter their ships and do battle, Zack learns that the father he thought was dead is actually a key player in this secret war. And together with his father, he'll uncover the truth about the alien threat, race to prevent a genocide, and discover a mysterious third player in the interplanetary chess game he's been thrown into.



After reading Cline's Ready Player One, I'm super excited to pick up another of his books; I adore his writing style and the worlds he creates. The synopsis reminds me of Ender's Game and The Eye of Minds, two books that I thoroughly enjoyed (I'm a sucker for books that involve hardcore gaming). I'm looking forward to seeing if and how he will take this idea to new places and make it his own.
I just hope it just doesn't turn into more of an Ender's Game retelling than something unique.

What releases are you excited for?

7 comments:

  1. STOP MAKING POSTS THAT INCREASE MY TBR TO UNSAFE SIZES. Actually please continue. I love my precious book children <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Ready Player One! I didn't know the author finally had a new book coming out! Thanks for sharing.

    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This sounds pretty epic... I haven't read Ernest Cline before, but I heard Ready Player One is pretty great! I want to pick it up soon hopefully. Hope you love this one! :)

    Rosie xx
    http://www.rosiereads.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ready Player One is definitely something special. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to pick it up! :3

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of this book and author before. Hope you will enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a new one for me, both book and author :D
    here's our WoW :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.